We invite youth to submit a prayer or prayers for consideration by no later than Sunday, September 30, 2012. Guidelines for prayer submissions are: (see below for an example)
- Each submission (including scripture) is to be no longer than 200 words.
- The prayers must be original and written by the submitting person.
- Prayers may open with a sentence of scripture, but do not need to.
- At the end of the prayer, we ask that you state a change you hope for or an action you will do to foster spiritual growth.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a permission and release forms signed by you (and your parents if you are under the age of 18). PARTICIPANT RELEASE FORM FOR PRAYERS
- Please submit prayers to: GodOfMyHeart@cpg.org
Submission Suggestions and Information:
- You may submit a prayer that has already been written for another occasion, but not published.
- Address God in a personal, inclusive way.
- It might be helpful to start with a scripture or a worship service that is meaningful to you, write some thoughts worth sharing with others, and then write your prayer from those notes.
- You may write a prayer for a specific event or time of year, such as Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, Pentecost, Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring, Graduation, Mission Trip, Beginning of the School Year, Birthday, etc.
If your prayer is chosen to be in the revised and expanded God of My Heart, you will be notified via email no later than December 31, 2012.